Creative thinking and innovation are vital components in both our personal and professional lives. However, many people feel as though they are lacking in creativity. What most of us do not recognize is that we are creative on a daily basis, whether it’s picking out what clothes to wear in the morning or stretching a tight budget at work. While these tasks may not normally be associated with creativity, there is a great deal of creativity involved to get those jobs done.
While some people seem to be simply bursting with creativity, others find it a struggle to think outside the square. If you fall into the latter category, it is important to understand that boosting your creative and innovative abilities takes practice. Recognizing and honing your own creative potential is a process. That’s what this course is all about.
After you complete this course, you will be able to:
• Identify the difference between creativity and innovation
• Recognize your own creativity
• Build your own creative environment
• Explain the importance of creativity and innovation in business
• Apply problem solving steps and tools
• Use individual and group techniques to help generate creative ideas
• Implement creative ideas